Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Post 1/2

Yesterday John took a half day off, and I had a whole day off, so what did we do? ...Not much. Burritos for lunch and a casual sunny stroll down College. Went to a bookstore for the first time in...months?...and splurged on retail therapy. First, a birthday present for my uncle. Then a new pack of stationery. Finally two books for myself - an origami handbook and this:

I'm pretty dang excited to read it, since a) this will be my first novel since I started and ended spring semester and 2) it's about a kid cartographer! Who wins an award for being a kid cartographer! I actually think the writing might be a bit affected and not entirely realistic for a 12-year old narrator, but I'm more than willing to give it a go. A neat aspect of this book is that it includes tons of illustrations and diagrams (!) in the margins, a.k.a. annotations. I'll try to remember to write a review when I'm finished reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment