Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I know how the weather works.

...Well I'm starting to anyway. Pause. I haven't slept well in two days and my head feels like a hundred pounds right now, but I just couldn't resist the urge to geek out and think about the temperature and humidity in San Francisco today. Why did it feel so muggy? Because of the huge amount of evaporation occurring since the gigantic storm passed. That contributed to how much water was in the air (humidity). There were also lots of clouds, which prevented warm air (temperature factor) from rising off the surface of the earth. Finally, maybe the wind died down along with the storm, and the warm, moist air stayed right where it was generated. Another factor could be close proximity to the ocean and the bay. I *think* that's the basic answer. Get it?



No comments:

Post a Comment